2. Information Collected by Us.
(a) Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us. We may collect information that you provide to us if you sign up to receive information from us by email, register to exhibit at or attend any of our events, communicate with any of our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services, or if you participate in any activities conducted through the Sites, such as newsletters.
(b) Information That We Automatically Collect Through the Sites. In addition to information that you directly and voluntarily provide to us, we may automatically collect information about you when you use the Sites. We may link information we gather automatically from you with information that we directly collect from you through the Sites. We automatically collect information from you in the following ways:
(i) Web Browsers. We may automatically gather information about you that your web browser, depending on your settings, may make available to us. This information may include information such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages you view before arriving at, while navigating and after leaving the Sites.
(ii) Google Analytics. Visitors to the Sites may be tracked using Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects the following types of information from users of the Sites:
• Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
• Type of operating system
• Screen colors (color processing ability of the user’s screen)
• Flash version
• Screen resolution
• Network location and IP address
• Country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data
• Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
• Time of visit
• Pages visited
• Time spent on each page of the website
• Referring site statistics
• The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at the Sites (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Aol.com that took the user to this website)
• Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
The data collected by Google Analytics is primarily used to optimize the Sites for our visitors, however we also use this data for marketing purposes. An example of how we use this data for marketing purposes is that we tell potential advertisers how many users visit the Sites, where visitors come from, and how they arrive at the Sites.
The data we automatically collect using Google Analytics is shared with Google. For more information on Google's Privacy Policies, visit: http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html. You can also opt-out of having your information used by Google Analytics by following the instructions located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also use Google Analytics for Display Advertising and, specifically, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, on the Sites to help us display advertising for products or services that we think may be of interest to you. We will use demographic information we collect through our use of Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting for purposes of performing internal statistical analytics relating to the Sites and for any other lawful purpose. You can opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements through the Sites, as well as customize the types of advertisements that will be displayed to you through the Sites, by following the instructions located at https://support.google.com/ads.
We may use data we receive from advertising technology partners to match multiple devices associated with the same identifier as devices belonging to the same user or household. Where we are able to make such a match, we may use this information to deliver targeted advertisements across multiple devices on behalf of ourselves or third parties.
(iii) Other Third Party Services. In addition to Google Analytics, we may use other third party services to automatically collect information from you. The information automatically collected through the Sites may be used for any lawful purpose including sale of the data, marketing and the like.
(v) Web Beacons. A "Web Beacon" is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows us to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place Web Beacons on pages of the Sites and in emails we send to you. You may not decline Web Beacons.
(vi) Mobile Devices. If you access a Site through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
(vii) California Do Not Track Disclosures. Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, we will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Sites in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
4. Information You Share on the Sites. Some portions of the Sites during certain periods may allow you to submit comments, reviews, ratings and other information which may be displayed on the Sites and viewed by others. We recommend that you do not post any information on the Sites that you do not want to make available to other users of the Sites or the public generally. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM INFORMATION YOU POST ON THE SITES.
5. Information You Share Through Social Media Services. If you post any comments, reviews, photos or other information on our Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest pages, we may display those comments, reviews, photos or information on the Sites. In addition, your use of these social media services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these social media services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those social media services.
6. How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information we gather through the Sites to help us better understand how the Sites are being used and as part of our business. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Sites to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. We may also use this information to contact and communicate with you, including to send you information about products or services we think might of interest to you and to respond to your communications and requests.
7. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties.
(a) We may use the information we collect:
(b) You authorize us to transmit email to you to respond to your communications and administer the Sites and anything relating to the Sites. Unsubscribe instructions are included in each promotional email from us or you may send an email requesting to opt-out of communications to info@urbanexpositions. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective.
We also may use and share non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
(d) Children. The Sites are not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor do we knowingly collect information from children under age 13 on the Sites or offline. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to register for emails or newsletters or to otherwise submit any personally identifiable information to us. If you provide information to us through the Sites, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
8. Protection of Personal Information
We use reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither w nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
10. Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to us, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by us to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The message should specify that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. We are required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above e-mail address.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us a message at email@example.com.
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request.
11. Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents